Friday, January 16, 2015

Feeling spoiled

I'm 39 weeks along in this second pregnancy as of today. People keep asking if I'm "SO ready" and "so over being pregnant".  And then they look at me like I have 3 heads when I respond with "nah, I'm good with him staying in there and cooking longer...no rush!" While I understand being excited to meet the little guy (and, don't get me wrong, I definitely am!), I like the idea of him staying in there where he's warm and safe (and, quite frankly, a heck of a lot easier to take care of). What I like even more is the idea of me still sleeping through the night while he is in there. I realize I'm one of the lucky ones.  I've had, not one, but two great pregnancies.  Overall I'm still feeling well and able to get around just fine. I also have a lot of work to wrap up at the office before I'm out for three months. And, did I mention that I'm getting full nights of sleep? Lill has certainly spoiled us with her love of sleep. I am well aware that this is probably going to change with number 2 because what lady could have two easy pregnancies and two great sleepers?! The luckiest woman in the world, that's who.  I have been very blessed in this life and often feel like the luckiest woman in the world.  So, maybe I'll be that lady?!  Wishful thinking for another week or so, at least :-)

And for those interested, a bump picture from tonight.  BBB at 39 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment