Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pure Michigan

Am I the only one who literally gets chills when the Pure Michigan ads come on TV or the radio? Needless to say, I had been counting down the days (seemed like even more than usual) until our trip Up North.  As soon as the weather gets warmer and summer arrives; we (Corey is now a believer!) start dreaming of relaxing days on the beach and sunsets over the water.  But at the same time, we clearly don't want to wish away the fun that is summer!  Either way, the summer always manages to fly by and it's time for our annual trip to Traverse City!

We packed up the car, hit the road at 4:15am CST and were to our destination by 2pm EST. Watching Lill feel the sand between her toes, waves splashing up on her feet and chasing ducks for the first time were all priceless moments.  Leading up to the week, the forecast wasn't looking too ideal.  Highs in the low to mid 70's and quite a few days with rain in the forecast.  I'm happy to report that the weatherman was wrong (shocking, I know!).  The week could not have been more perfect.  High 70's and sunny everyday.  It was just warm enough to be out on the beach and get in the water without being too chilly but not too hot to hang out outside (especially with Lill) all day. Lill loved playing in the sand, chasing the ducks, and making new friends.  Grandma and Grandpa loved spending a whole week with their little Lill and Corey and I loved some relaxing time on the beach and even a couple of date nights.  (Note: Vacations with grandparents are THE BEST.  They were always willing and excited to feed her, play with her, take her to dinner so Corey and I could have a date night. Some people say that vacations with little kids are hardly that and I would have to say this was definitely a vacation, and felt like it, for us.  Thanks mom and dad!!!!)






Date night!

First boat ride!





Family pic back where we got married :-)



We rounded out the trip with a visit back to Troy to see Great Grandma (and attend my friend Kelly's wedding!)

No comments:

Post a Comment