Saturday, August 30, 2014

Momma and Me

Corey recently passed his last of many actuarial exams. Awesome!
Corey got an all expenses paid trip to Vancouver for his final seminar and to receive his 'diploma' from the actuarial powers that be. Awesome!
Lill and I joining him would mean taking more days off of work in August, a long flight out west, Lill's third trip in just a few weeks, a two hour time change with a 1 year old, all while pregnant...not so awesome.

As such, we decided that it made the most sense for me to stay home with Lill while Corey attended his final seminar in beautiful Vancouver. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried before the trip about what lie ahead; four days of playing the role of full-time working single mom. I give a lot of credit to the single parents of the world. I am thankful everyday for Corey and the awesome father and house caretaker he is.  We share all duties; taking care of Lill, laundry, cooking, upkeep around the house. That's how we're able to both keep a successful career while balancing the home/family/play life that keeps us going and our sanity :-) That's why the thought of not having his support for four days was hard for me to imagine. I expected that I'd get to today and be exhausted and begging for a 'break' from mommy duties. I'm happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised. Albeit, I give credit to Lill for putting on her best behavior for mommy and work for being supportive of me working a little less than normal this week but Lill and I had an absolute blast. I took a break from any worries about keeping the house in perfect condition, making sure the laundry was caught up on, or making sure the yard was perfectly groomed and just focused on spending time and having fun with Lill. Trips to the park and target, going out to dinner with MaMa Coco (Grandma), taking walks with Ty and swimming in our backyard meant getting to spend great quality time with my rapidly growing little lady, watching her explore and experience new things. I even got around to finishing my book (Gone Girl) in the evenings.  BONUS! (Great book that I definitely recommend.  That says a lot from the gal who couldn't tell you the last book that she finished. And Corey just informed me that the movie is coming out in a few weeks.  Woo hoo!)  I digress...

And because a post wouldn't be complete without some pics.  A few from our 'girls week'.


Trying on daddy's shoes

Ready for a swim playdate with the neighbor boys, Mark and Henry

Showing off her bracelet and momma's purse


Ready for the first game of the season!  Go Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment