Thursday, July 17, 2014

Missouri Botanical Gardens

Since we moved to St. Louis, I've been wanting to go to the Botanical Gardens.  I've heard great things and who doesn't love walking through beautiful gardens?!  Clearly, I wanted to take my mom as well.  Unfortunately, 9 times out of 10 it's too hot to go and be able to really enjoy it during the summer (hence why it's taken us 2 years to get there).  Luckily, we got that 1 day that was unseasonably cool.  Combine that with the fact that it happened to be a Thursday when I'm off work and we had the perfect day for our first visit together.  We strolled through the beautiful grounds, through the lily gardens, herb garden, rose garden, oh my!  We ended in the children's area where Lilly got to enjoy the splash pad.  Well, until a little boy ran her over and knocked her straight on her face :-/  All in all it was a wonderful visit and I'm pretty sure mom was happy I kept insisting that we go even after her many, "we don't have to go anywhere or do stuff to entertain me...we're fine just staying home and hanging with Lill".

Chihuly glass right as we walk in?  Mom's going to love this place!

"Make it look like my hair"



Amazed by the humongous hastas






Lilly walking in the lily garden


Hydrangeas the size of your head





The corpse plant - some fancy plant that blooms once a year for just a few days and smells like, you guessed it, a corpse.  Luckily we missed the day that it gives off that wonderful smell :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment