I wish I had Zach Morris' 'time out' capability. Actually, I guess I don't wish for a time out but rather to just keep living in this moment for just a little bit (or A LOT) longer. "This moment" is my last day of maternity leave. That's right, the inevitable and dreaded day is finally here. Awhile back, I thought I would kind of look forward to this day; to get out of the house, into cute work clothes, and back into the working world socializing with adults. These last few weeks, however, Lill has grown up so much and just becomes more and more fun each day. We have a great schedule down, she's a great buddy to run errands with, as well as snuggle with at home on the couch. She's sitting up in her Bumbo seat and has become quite the little chatty cathy. About a week ago, she started sleeping in her big girl crib, far far away from our bed. Ok, she's just down the hall, but my tears the first night would have led you to believe differently. Corey joked that he definitely expected one of us to cry like a baby the first night, he just had expected it to be her, not me :-) She was a rock star and took to sleeping in her crib like a champ which made it much easier on us. I thoroughly expect those tears to come flowing back tomorrow when I leave my adorable best friend and head back to the workforce. We are beyond thankful that she will be spending her days with her Grandma Carolyn, which makes this transition much much easier. I am already looking forward to the end of the workday tomorrow. Here's a little peak into our days lately...




.JPG) |
| Best buds |
 |
| I'll miss you, too Ty! |
No comments:
Post a Comment