Saturday, September 28, 2013

Lillian's Baptism

Last weekend we celebrated Lilly's baptism.  My parents flew in town for the festivities as well as to spend a few additional days with their favorite granddaughter.  We had a wonderful time and beautiful weather, to boot!  We enjoyed alfresco dining with live music, visits to the mall and farmer's market, as well as a great time with family and friends at the annual Webster Groves Jazz Fest.  Grandma and Grandpa also got to spend two days with Lill all to themselves as Corey and I headed off to work.

Sunday was perfect.  We got Lilly all dressed up in her baptismal gown (which is the same gown that my brother and I were both baptized in), snuck in a few photo opp's and then headed up to Our Holy Redeemer for the baptism.  Father Ken led us through the beautiful ceremony.  As a little background, he had come by our home a few weeks back to meet Lillian, to discuss our faith and our hopes for Lill and her faith.  To be honest, I was quite nervous for the visit as I thought I might "fail the test" and Lilly would not be able to be baptized.  Clearly, that was not the case and we had a wonderful visit getting to know Father Ken and Lilly was successfully welcomed into the Catholic faith on Sunday. While Lill was a little fussy during the ceremony (it was nap time, folks!), I found it funny that the part where most babies cry is the part she loved the most.  What can I say, our little lady loves bath time :-)

Hanging out at the Kirkwood Farmer's Market with Mom and Grandma



Aunt Mer and cousin, Taylor

Playing "where's Carter?!"

Grandma, Grandpa and sleepy Lill at Jazz Fest

Grandmas feeding the little ladies

Ready for her big day


Grandpa's, Dad and Lill





She loves the stained glass


Lill with her Godparents, Kyle and Meredith

Basically how Bruno family pictures turn out these days :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment