A few weeks before, I took the kids to run our town's 5K. Lill was so proud to participate in her own race!
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Run, Mom, Run!
In July, I couldn't run to the corner without needing to catch my breath. But, a night out with friends and a few cocktails later, I had the great idea to agree to run a half marathon with friends. The morning after Corey looked at me, "you're not really going to do that are you?" But, I gave my word. And I wasn't going to just give up without even trying. I figured I'd start the training, see how it goes and then decide if I'd actually officially sign up. So, I googled "couch to half marathon training plan" and the rest is history. It's amazing how a day-by-day schedule can keep you motivated. I can't say I've kept up with the running after the fact but I know that I can do it if I put in the time and effort and I hope to keep up running (shorter distances, of course!) in the future! By the way, I have an enormous amount of respect for those that run full marathons. They're also slightly crazy ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment