A week or so ago, right around the same age as Lill did, Ray started crawling. He had been getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth for a couple of weeks and occasionally would move one of his extremities but hadn't quite mastered coordinating all four extremities in such a way to make a move. He's now crawling from one room to the other and getting into every possible shoe, cord and toy of Lilly's. Remind me again why I was looking forward to him starting to crawl... ;-)
And just as Ray started receiving cheers and clapping from the parental units, Lill decided she wanted in on the celebrations. I'm happy to report that we have not needed a diaper (other than while sleeping) for her in nearly a week! She's very proud of her big girl underwear and likes to check out the potty at any and every place we go. "I go pee pee at school. I go pee pee at Schnuck's (grocery). I go pee pee and poo poo at the restaurant". The last one she felt the need to also announce to the entire dining room of said restaurant. She doesn't quite understand that the excitement and clapping ends at her immediate family and friends :-)
| We are not above a little bribery/encouragement. |
| We did a little potty bootcamp the first few days and basically lived in the bathroom |
No comments:
Post a Comment