Thursday, July 16, 2015

Ode to Dads

We sure lucked out in the Dad department, the Grandpa department and the Father-in-law department! This year we got to spend Father's Day with all of the very special male figures in our lives. Since moving away from home ten years ago (I can't be that old, can I?!), it's rare that I get to spend the day with my own Daddeo. Usually a phone call or card have to do. Luckily that was not the case this year as my parents were in town for Lilly's 2nd birthday party.

I also got to spend the day with the very best man I could have ever imagined to be the father of my children. He amazes me every day with his dedication, support, enthusiasm and creative parenting techniques.

Oh, and we had dinner at Carolyn and Jim's...and PawPaw Jim deserves to be celebrated to for all he does for us, our kiddos and fur baby, Ty.

Per Corey's request, we started the day at Grant's Farm. It's like a mini zoo/petting farm, with free admission and a beer garden with free beer. You read that right...FREE. BEER. Oh, and free samples of the new Long Island Iced Tea product.  Thank you, Anheuser Busch, for making Stevo's day....er, make that year, with all of the FREE stuff.  We got in a little afternoon swim before heading over to Corey's parents for a delicious dinner. All-in-all, a wonderful day celebrating the ridiculously amazing men in our lives.

Up close and personal with the animals on the tram ride from the parking lot to the farm



This beauty greeted us when we arrived







Feeding the llamas

Daddy's girl


Cheers, Daddeo!


No comments:

Post a Comment