It's always a great time when we are able to get back to Michigan for a visit. Sure, it's an even greater time when that visit includes a Great Lake in the summer months, but a trip back to Troy to see family and friends that are eager to meet Ray and see Lill is always enjoyable. If you know Corey, you are well aware of his love of sports and potentially of his extreme love of March Madness. He always takes off work to watch the first round of the tournament. Heck, I have often taken off too...that first round is filled with such excitement! I digress... Since he would be taking work off anyway, and I would still be off on maternity leave, we decided it'd be a good time to head back to Michigan for the week. While we had mastered traveling with Lill, it was going to be a whole new adventure adding Ray to the mix. We packed up the car and hit the road nice and early. The kids could not have been more perfect. Ray nearly slept the entire 8 hour drive and Lilly was just so excited to get to Grandma and Grandpa's house that she was happy as can be. Those that know me know that I could not be more proud to report that we only made one stop the whole way. With two kids under 2 and a dog, I'd say that's quite the accomplishment!! The way back wasn't as quite as easy breezy but still went very well considering!
Most of our time back in Michigan was spent at home, spending quality time with Grandma and Grandpa. We had quite a few visitors that stopped by as well. A few field trips to the aquarium, Rainforest Cafe and Rochester Play were also enjoyed. Last, but definitely not least, Corey and I got out for a dinner sans kids. It was wonderful!! :-)
We're so thankful for the time with family and friends that we don't get to see often. It's always amazing how quickly a week can go by when you're having fun. As my mom said, "I wonder how long you'd have to stay for us to actually be 'ready' for you to go home and not be wishing you would stay". I'm not sure that's possible...
 |
| Ty sitting pretty in the passenger seat while Mom's in the way back |
 |
| Grandpa happy to watch the Spartans with the cutest little fans |
 |
| Play date with Hannah, her mom, Niki, and her grandma, Deb |
 |
| First family photo (with me showered and not in a hospital gown)! |
 |
| Playing with cousins Kinsley, Cameron and Ashleigh |
 |
| Morning play-doh fun with Grandpa |
 |
| Loving bath time in Grandma's huge tub (mom loved the bath, too!) |
 |
| Play date with Charlotte and her mom, Vicky |
 |
| Morning snuggles :-) |
 |
| Running errands with Mom |
No comments:
Post a Comment