Sunday, October 5, 2014

Mission Accomplished

Each fall since I moved from Michigan (yes, even back in Chicago), I've longed for an apple orchard experience like we knew back in Michigan. Apples, cider and cider donuts. For some reason, Chicagoans, Illinoisans (I may have made that word up) and St. Louisans didn't get the memo about the deliciousness that is a fresh cider donut dipped in a glass of apple cider on a crisp fall day. Thanks to my STL facebook mom's group for the insider info about a little family owned farm, a little further down the road from the bigger, well known, circus...I mean, 'farm' that everyone knows and goes to. The most important detail was that this farm had a little bakery with "the most amazing apple cider donuts". Count me IN! 

Corey thought I was a little crazy when we got in the car and his GPS said 40+ minutes. "Is this the closest one?" "No, but it's the only one with cider donuts" He knows how much these fall activities mean to me so he followed the directions, which led us right past the 'circus', down some dirt roads and to the cutest little farm. Friendly and helpful workers, hayrides out to pick pumpkins and apples, a little play area for the kiddos, animals (probably Lilly's favorite part), and...wait for it...the bakery! The hayrides weren't crowded, the lines were short and we had plenty of room to explore and pick apples without the company of others. Corey and I are sold. We know where we'll be frequenting each fall. It was a beautiful fall day and I especially loved experiencing one of my favorite fall activities with our little gal!



















"How old are you, Lill?"





No comments:

Post a Comment