Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dad's Day

I think it's safe to say that Corey had a nice first Father's Day.  We started our day like every other weekend morning with a family walk.  I then whipped up some eggs, toast and turkey bacon and we all scarfed that down and then gave CB his gift.  Since the pool is a big gift to ourselves, we have agreed to not buying gifts for Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays, Sweetest Day...you get the point, until further notice. We agreed to 'not BUYING'.  No one said anything about making gifts.  And so Lill and I did just that.  One Thursday while Dad was at work, I stripped Lill down, covered the porch with some garbage bags, plopped some finger paint on a canvas and let Lill go to town.  She was a bit skeptical, but got into it just enough to make a piece of art.  Maybe we're the only one's that consider it a piece of art, but it was a fun first Father's Day gift nonetheless.

After the morning nap we headed over to Corey's cousins for lunch and swimming with the Taylor side of the fam. We managed to get all the Dad's to pose for a picture but couldn't quite round up all the kiddos to join them.  It was a special day celebrating the main man in our life but also the other wonderful male influences in our lives.






No comments:

Post a Comment