Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Top Chef

I'm no 'Top Chef' but I do enjoy tackling new recipes.  I love the challenge of preparing a new type of food and making use of all those fun kitchen tools we received as wedding gifts, all with the goal of an end result that looks (and tastes!) just like the recipe's drool-worthy photos. Recently some great friends gifted us with a trial of their new favorite service where all the ingredients, in exactly the quantity needed, for 3 meals are delivered to your door step with detailed recipes, complete with pictures, all for a very reasonable price. I immediately became a fan and have since gifted it to two people. I'll be honest that the recipes aren't 'quick and easy', though they do explain the recipe in a way such that you can cook things simultaneously and have everything hot and ready at the same time.  However, not having to figure out a menu for the week and then go to the grocery and stock up on all the necessary ingredients, is an appreciated time saver.  Not to mention, you get try some new recipes that might even make it into your regular rotation. Another plus? There's no set commitment.  Order and decline weeks as you wish.  We'll probably get an order once a month going forward :-)




Pan-seared Hake with Eggplant Caponata & Fregola Sarda

This week's winner: Lamb Kofte Kebabs with Sauteed
Chickpeas and Cucumber Yogurt Sauce


Orange-glazed Chicken Drumsticks with Mashed Yucca and Arugula Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment