Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Big 6-0

March 16th was a milestone birthday for my mom.  The big 6-0!  I wanted to do something special for her. What do you get the gal who has everything or at least avoid just getting her something for the sake of getting her something.  She deserves the world.  I just needed to figure out how to come reasonably close to that. Unfortunately, a surprise trip home for Lill to surprise her Grandma on the big day was not going to be an option this year.  
Then I came across an idea on Pinterest that was just what I was looking for.  Sixty envelope's filled with notes and pictures from friends and family that love her dearly and want her to know that they're thinking of her on her birthday.  "60 Year's of Memories", it was called.  And so the project began... 
I sent an email and some facebook messages and then I waited.  The notes, memories and pictures started to show up.  Corey was excited for my arrival home from work each night to see my face light up when I had 'snail mail' and to see the project come to life. The evening before her actual birthday we Skype'd for the big reveal.  An hour and a couple of glasses of wine later, her response..."Best. Birthday. Ever....Best. Gift. Ever".  No Mom, you're the best gift ever.  We're so proud to call you ours.  Love you more.





No comments:

Post a Comment