Tuesday, January 14, 2014

GO GREEN...GO WHITE!!

I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me one proud mama that the "Go green....go white!" chant is almost guaranteed to bring a big smile to our little Lill's face.  It's no surprise, I guess, given that in her lifetime she's only seen one MSU Basketball loss and one MSU football loss.  All she knows is MSU bball ranked in the top 5 in the country.  She's seen MSU become the B1G champs and go on to win the Rose Bowl and she's seen them finish the season #3 in the country.  The Bruno household is loving the powerhouse that the Spartans have become...not only in basketball but in football, too!

I have been lucky to experience the awesomeness that is Spartan football in person this year.  Not once, not twice, but THREE times!  That's right, I have been away from my daughter overnight three times; all in the name of Spartan football.  The first was a quick 24 hour trip back to Michigan for the MSU vs U of M game and my best friend, Carly's, 30th birthday tailgate!  The second was a quick ~36 hour trip to Indy to meet my Dad for the B1G championship game.  The last.  Saved the best for last.  The last was a 48 hour trip (notice that each time was a little longer than the last) to Pasadena, California!  I met my family out there for a whirlwind, rose and Spartan-filled, two days.  Experiencing the Tournament of Roses parade and a Spartan WIN at the legendary 100th Rose Bowl, all while enjoying the perfect 75 and sunny Cali weather, with my Dad, Mom and brother was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I'll NEVER forget.  I also got to spend some quality time with our dear friend, Justin Dantonio (who now lives in NYC with his girlfriend ,Carly), and his family.

I will welcome anyone who wants to argue that I don't have THE. BEST. hubby in the world (for a lot of reasons but especially for supporting my crazy Spartan fandom).  He's a pretty amazing Dad, too.  Lucky, lucky me :-)

Daddeo and I before the B1G championship in Indy

My fellow Spartan sports obsessed friend, Jaclyn, from college

My friend, Niki's, husband and Dad joined Stevo and I (we missed Niki!)


Flights BOOKED!

My new Sparty flair!


















No comments:

Post a Comment