Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The big 3-0

This past month I entered into the next decade of my life.  If you had asked me a few years ago what I would do to celebrate my 30th, I'm pretty sure my answer would have included a weekend of fancy dinners, lots of drinks, maybe some karaoke or even a trip to Nashville (I've still never been and figured my 30th would be a good excuse to go).  Fast forward to my actual 30th and I'd say I grew up quite a bit in the last couple of years :-)  Instead, my birthday celebration consisted of a nice walk in our neighborhood with our little family, brunch at a local favorite, and carry out from one of our favorite Vietnamese restaurants.  We were also able to get out sans Lill for a few hours for the first time since she was born.  Corey's Mom and Dad offered to watch, not only Lill, but our niece and nephew as well so that Kyle and Meredith could join us for a night out at our neighborhood wine bar. Corey's buddy from high school and his girlfriend, as well as our friends Chris and Paige and Corey's cousin Kristen joined us as well.  It was an awesome night to say the least.  A flight of chardonnay, champagne, great friends, and lots of laughter...and coming home to the cutest little babes in the world.  What more could a gal want for her 30th birthday?!  Little did I know, Corey had a few ideas in mind (see next post for more details).
Our sweet sleepy girl at brunch






No comments:

Post a Comment